Muslim scientists and inventors, including Arabs, Persians and Turks, were probably hundreds of years ahead of their counterparts in the European Middle Ages. They drew influence from Aristotelian philosophy and Neo-platonists,
as well as Euclid, Archimedes, Ptolemy and others. The muslims made innumerable discoveries and wrote countless books about medicine, surgery, physics, chemistry, philosophy, astrology, geometry and various other fields.
Five questions or requirements over the coming ten months. The questions will be about
the great Arabian scientists such as Avicenna and Al-Farabi.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Award Special is of two categories:
PA Special Golden:
• For all final years Students in the four schools of College of Health Sciences how did not fail any course during their academic career
and all POSTGRADUATE students.
• The first winner will be awarded a certificate and a cash prize of 40000
• The second winner will be awarded a certificate and a cash prize of 20000 Ksh.
PA Special Silver
• For all final years students in the four schools of College of Health Sciences
• The first winner will be awarded a certificate and a cash prize of 20000 Ksh.
• The second winner will be awarded a certificate and a cash prize of 10000 Ksh.
What to Do ?
• Apply to join the Competition by filling the competition form.
• Answer questions that will be published on the website and on the notice board of pyramids award.
(the ansewr sheet will be available
with your class rep. and on Prof. Lotfy's Office)
• Deliver your answer sheet to Prof. M. Lotfy’s Office
at SOD through your class rep. or by your self.
Student acquire the highest number of right answers, (from each category) will win the GOLDEN
Award (60000 Ksh) or the SILVER Award (30000 Ksh).
A draw will be held on the Merits Award Ceremony between the students with the same number of right answers in GOLDEN and SLIVER awards.